the most important events in the history of the company
From steam to hydrogen
New power sources for the engines have made the history of Autosan gain momentum
Walenty Lipiński and Mateusz Beksiński establish a boilers’ plant. The history of the factory has been changing depending on domestic and European economic situation. At the beginning of its activity, factory produced devices and equipment for the oil mining, distillery industry and brewing industry.
First order for wagons – 4 pcs for the city of Cracow.
The factory became the greatest manufacture of rail-coaches, freight cars and tramcars in Poland. After the First World War it is known as the popular “Sanowag”.
In addition to wagons, machinery and equipment for the oil and spirits industry; steam machines, boilers, cisterns, cranes, dredgers, road rollers, steel lifeboats, steel bridge constructions and foundry products are also produced.
1926 - 1928
The first ten buses with wooden skeletons on the chassis of the Italian company Lancia leave the factory.
Ceremonial transfer of the first fifteen trams to the opening of Warsaw’s W-Z route.
1948 - 1950
Production of buses on Fiat chassis.
The first bus with N-50 symbol built on the national teams is produced in Sanok.
A new tourist bus designed by Zdzisław Beksinski, SFW-1 SANOK, is launched. This vehicle never came into mass production due to overly innovative design.
Launching of the production of SAN buses, initially H-01, and in subsequent years H-25, H-27, H100. The enterprise takes the name of Sanok Bus Factory AUTOSAN.
Launching of mass production of the new bus family named AUTOSAN H9, which was characterized – for the time being – by high technology and better functionality as well as a frame chassis and rear-mounted diesel engine.
January: record of monthly bus production – 375 pcs.
Launching of the next bus family named AUTOSAN H10, intended for local and intercity passenger traffic, with increased passenger capacity.
The first Polish project of hybrid bus H10-30 is being created jointly with the Cracow University of Technology.
The factory changes its legal status and transforms itself into a company.
The 100 thousandth bus goes down from the production line.
1994 / 1995
Launching of the new city and intercity bus family with A symbol.
Starting of the cabin production intended for Polish Army.
The first AUTOSAN school buses are built. More than 1,000 vehicles of this type have been delivered on the Polish market.
- AUTOSAN products “return to the track” – manufacture of bodywork and components for rail vehicles.
- A prototype of a gas-fueled bus is cretaed – A10.10M.08 CNG.
Launching of the new local and intercity bus family named EUROLIDER.
Launching of mass production of the new city bus family named SANCITY, currently manufactured in low-entry and low-floor versions, in lengths of 9-12 m.
Production of the first in the factory history articulated, 18-meter bus – SANCITY 18LF.
- Jubilee of the 180th anniversary of AUTOSAN traditions.
- SAN H01 bus from 1959 and AUTOSAN H09 bus from 1977 are restored on the occasion of the Jubilee.
- In September, the Management file a bankruptcy application with the Court as a result of many external and internal conditions.
- In October, the Court appoints a bankruptcy trustee for AUTOSAN S.A. and enable to continue economic activity.
- On March 30 the AUTOSAN factory is taken over by a consortium of PIT-RADWAR and Stalowa Wola Steelworks belonging to the Polish Armaments Group. The company commences its further activity by the name of AUTOSAN sp. z o.o.
- SANCITY 12LF CNG bus powered by natural gas join the manufactured family of city buses.
The first electric bus in the history of the company is produced – SANCITY 12LFE for city operation.
AUTOSAN electric city bus for the domestic market is produced and presented.
The first hydrogen-powered bus is built. It has its official premiere at the TRANSEXPO fair in Kielce.