The most important events in the company history
Walenty Lipiński and Mateusz Beksiński establish a boilers' plant. The history of the factory has been changing depending on domestic and European economic situation. At the beginning of its activity, factory is producing devices and equipment for oil mining, distillery and brewing industry.
The factory became the greatest manufacture of rail-coaches, freight and tram cars in Poland. After the First World War it is commonly known as the "Sanowag"..
In addition to wagons, machinery and equipment for oil and spirits industry; steam machines, boilers, cisterns, cranes, dredgers, road rollers, steel lifeboats, steel bridge constructions and foundry products are being also produced.
1926 - 1928
The first ten buses with wooden skeletons on the chassis of the Italian company Lancia leave the factory gate.
Ceremonial transfer of the first fifteen trams for the opening of Warsaw's W-Z route.
The first bus N-50 was built in Sanok base on the national components.
A new tourist bus designed by Zdzisław Beksinski, SFW-1 SANOK, is launched. This vehicle never came into mass production due to overly innovative design.
Launching of the production of SAN buses, initially H-01, and in subsequent years H-25,H-27 and H100. The company takes the name of Sanok Bus Factory AUTOSAN.
Launching of mass production of the new bus family named AUTOSAN H9, which characterized itself – as for that time - by high level of technology, better functionality as well as with a frame chassis and rear-mounted diesel engine.
January: record of monthly bus production – 375 pcs
Launching of the next bus family named AUTOSAN H10, intended for local and intercity passenger traffic, with increased passenger capacity.
The first Polish project of hybrid bus H10-30 is being created jointly with the Cracow University of Technology.
The factory changes its legal status and transforms itself into a Joint Stock Company.
The 100 thousandth bus goes down from the production line.
1994 / 1995
Launching of the new city and intercity bus family with A symbol.
Starting of the cabin production intended for Polish Army.
The first AUTOSAN school buses are built. More than 1,000 vehicles of this type have been delivered on the Polish market.
- AUTOSAN products "return to the track" - manufacture of bodywork and components for rail vehicles.
- A prototype of a gas-fuelled bus is created – A10.10M.08 CNG
Launching of the new local and intercity bus family named EUROLIDER.
Launching of mass production of the new city bus family named SANCITY, currently manufactured in low-entry and low-floor versions, in lengths of 9-12 m.
Production of the first in the factory history articulated, 18-meter bus – SANCITY 18LF.
180th anniversary of AUTOSAN traditions.
Buses SAN H01 from 1959 and AUTOSAN H09 from 1977 restored on the occasion of the Jubilee.
As a result of many external and internal conditions in September, the Management Board appointed at that time submits in the court bankruptcy application.
In October, the Court appoints a bankruptcy trustee for AUTOSAN S.A. and enable continuing economic activity.
- On March 30 the AUTOSAN factory is taken over by a consortium of PIT-RADWAR and Huta Stalowa Wola members of the Polish Armaments Group. The company commences its further activity under the name of AUTOSAN sp. z o.o.
- SANCITY 12LF CNG bus powered by natural gas is joining the family of produced city buses.
Production of the first in the factory history electric bus – SANCITY 12LF E.